Overview, Motto and Mission
Talal Abu-Ghazaleh Graduate School of Business (TAG-SB) is the first school of its kind in the Arab world that represents a partnership between the private and public sectors. It was founded to provide educational opportunities at the highest international standards. Our commitment to our students, to academic excellence and to the development of the region is reflected in the School’s mission:
We educate the future business leaders who will drive the economic future of the Arab region by:
1. implementing a disciplined combination of our core values and educational strategies.
2. Bringing together outstanding academicians and gifted students.
We are committed to excellence, high ethical and moral values, academic and applied business research, and continuous improvement to benefit from advancements in international educational standards and digital technology. We strive to remain a premier business school regionally and worldwide. Motto
TAG-SB was inaugurated in 2006 as one of the faculties of the German-Jordanian University (GJU), a public university formed in 2004 through cooperation of the German and Jordanian governments. This unique partnership brings the business expertise of the Talal Abu-Ghazaleh Organization (TAG-Org) to the academic world of GJU.
Excellence is not easily achieved. TAG-SB is fortunate to have the financial support and resources of TAG-Org, the largest firm of professional services in the Arab world with over 85 offices and 150 representative offices worldwide. TAG-Org, in the words of its Chairman Dr. Talal Abu-Ghazaleh, is committed to making TAG-SB “the Harvard of the Arab world.”
The program and courses at TAG-SB have been developed by some of the most respected and renowned figures in academia with the global economy in mind to meet the highest international standards. Our MBA program has been designed to bolster the advancement of knowledge with practical real-world applications and through a case-study approach to education. This places TAG-SB in a league of its own. The MBA program is accredited by the Foundation for International Business Administration Accreditation (FIBAA). The accreditation procedure has verified and confirmed that the program has all the quality elements specified in the European MBA Guidelines. The MBA program at TAG-SB is the first in the Arab world to achieve this prestigious accreditation despite being introduced only a couple of years ago.
TAG-SB’s aim is to prepare students for leadership positions in certain specialized fields. We are dedicated to continuously developing new programs that help our graduates meet the demands of the ever-changing global economy.
"Where the gifted become leaders"
The individual whose glass is always "half full" rather than "half empty", believes that performance on the next go-round will surely be enhanced by the lessons learned earlier.
A leader is a gifted person whose actions have placed him or her in a position of responsibility and authority among their peers.TAG-SB is the place for gifted students to become leaders of the future by enabling them to gain all the skills, information, business theories, and practical industrial experience that are required for them to enter the business world, learn its moves and lead.
We educate the future business leaders who will drive the economic future of the Arab region by implementing a disciplined combination of our core values and educational strategies, and by bringing together outstanding academicians and gifted students. We are committed to excellence, high ethical and moral values, academic and applied business research, and continuous improvement to benefit from advancements in international educational standards and digital technology. We strive to remain a premier business school regionally and worldwide.
TAG-SB’s strategic goal that is established based on its strategic intentions and Dr. Talal-Abu Ghazaleh’s vision is to become one of the top leading business schools in the Arab world.
More specific goals are to:
1. Encourage the accumulation, dissemination and knowledge sharing through providing wide access to GJU, TAG- SB and TAG-Org resources, facilities and services to Jordan and to the Arab World.
2. Encourage graduating an increased number of business leaders by enrolling, retaining and educating outstanding students in TAG-SB’s programs.
3. Promote excellence in TAG-SB programs through gaining and retaining an academic and professional community of excellence.
4. Adopt advanced technology in all learning and professional programs.
5. Adopt and practice highly ethical practices, with a special emphasis on corporate social responsibility, that are at the heart of TAG-SB’s philosophy and practice.
6. Establish and enhance branches for TAG-SB in the Arab World.
7. Establish and enhance industry links with each educational and professional program with a special focus on international perspectives and trends.